Friday, January 21, 2011

Day #18 Keepsakes


We have a ten month old. I suddenly have a new need for keepsakes and less time to keep track of them! All of my mementos of us as a couple are actually creatively scrapbooked or repurposed into decor! The picture below is all ticket stubs and travel information laid into a monogram "M". I wish I could say I still had the energy to maintain that, but it just isn't my focus or the season in my life right now!


So here is my plan in the meantime. I first read about this idea HERE. I created this from a jar I already had (score!) and scrapbook letters. This time capsule will be a dumping ground for all keepsakes and mementos in 2011. On New Year's Eve we will go through it, reminisce, and then put it on the shelf. A new one will be made for 2012. I am sure my system will expand once there are art projects, school reports, and love notes to add!!

This post is being linked to A bowl full of lemons.

3 comments:

  1. Now, this is an interesting idea....and I love your monogram! Good job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. I love the stickers you chose! :-)

    ReplyDelete