Monday, February 28, 2011

Time Management

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! We had a blast making fun of the Oscars - some good moments but not my favorite ever.





Today I thought I would share with you a new technique I have been trying for planning out my days. This has been floating around the blogosphere in different forms and this is my take on it!

Step 1:

Write down the major things to be done in your day. For today mine looks like this:

Morning Routine
Computer Work
Norwex Work (more about this later!)
Molly Playtime
Tot School
Molly Outdoor Time
Teach at Dance Studio
Molly Dentist
Meal Plan
Evening Routine

Step 2:
Assign a time value to each task.

Morning Routine - 30
Computer Work - 60
Norwex Work (more about this later!) - 30
Molly Playtime - 60
Tot School - 30
Molly Outdoor Time - 60
Teach at Dance Studio - 180
Molly Dentist - 90
Weekly Cleaning Task - 30
Meal Plan - 30
Evening Routine - 30

My total time here adds up to 10.5 hours.

Step 3:
Now that you have done this for one particular day, you can make a more generalized daily format.

Morning Routine - 30
Computer Work - 60
Norwex Work (more about this later!) - 30
Molly Playtime - 60
Tot School - 30
Molly Outdoor Time - 60
Time Outside the Home - 180
(For me this includes: teaching at dance studio, doing Norwex parties, taking yoga, etc...)
Errands - 90
Household Management - 60
(This includes all household bills, budgeting, meal planning, deep cleaning, organizing)
Evening Routine - 30

One of the things I enjoy about this way of scheduling is that it gives me structure without a schedule!

How do you manage your daily tasks?

-Griffin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Griffin - found you thru bowl full of lemons... interested to see more! Wanting to know more about Norwex also. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Griffin,
    I'd like to present you with One Lovely Blog award.

    The requirements of accepting this award are as follows:

    1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
    2. You have to tell seven facts about yourself that others might not know.
    3. Pass the awards along to as many as fifteen blogs you have found recently.
    4. Notify the bloggers of their awards.

    You can find the award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete